The Individual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fashion, culture & music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A bit about yourself & your background....

Go down 
+46
wroteforluck
Si_OUFC
someoneelse
Phil
Mitton
Ego
trimstar
weekendfly
TornGreenVelvetEyes
WaterlooSunset
andreas baader
Virgil
blues_1982
bcfccasual
effeffarr
Honestmatt
Casual Bastard
John Barbour
weekender
Harry McNally
covwhite
getthebeerin
supersonic
viking1871
TheOrdinaryFella
This Blue Eyed Boy
PerSandwichman
sexhead
Ticsmon
The Fat Bloke
TheCry
godders
slippery
Jim Jones
Derek
Glenn
sinister_delicious
panerista
youngie
corf
yesterdays hero
sev
Tottenham
Lithuanian Disco Power
Tommy
The Individual
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Individual
Admin
The Individual

A bit about yourself & your background.... Empty
PostSubject: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:09 pm

As I have said in my first post this board is hopefully going to bring together all different type's from different walk's in life but who all share a passion for clothing music & culture, this is the thread to write a bit about yourself, your background, your leaning's in life, and what your into... not just in fashion but from whatever background you have and the way it influence's your dress & your lifestyle, so wether you have a rather large background to collate or just a small entry to give they are all wanted.

During the next few week's i'm hoping to start vintage thread's on the movement's, sub culture's & music that drive's us in what we are doing today, from mod's & casual's to skin's & raver's, so any background you have please tie it in this thread as it make's it all a lot more interesting for everyone if we have a piece on all the background's of those on here, as I have had quite a hectic week so far and this was only launched tuesday there are currently only 2 message forum's i have contacted member's on so there's lot's of expansion to be made the next few day's and coming weeks', if you feel you would like to invite someone on here who would contribute please feel free to ask them as the more we have from different walk's in life the better for the forum
Back to top Go down
https://theindividual.forumotion.com
Tommy

Tommy

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Good idea Wink

Evening lads and ladies,
Some of you will know me already, but for those that don't:
Im Tommy, 24, from East London.
I'm massivley into my rare groove/disco/hip hop/electro and currently enjoying being a part of the quality creative scene going on around East London these days. I originally got into my clothes through the football casual scene, which I have recently decided to come away from for various social and legal reasons (the games dead now anyway as we know), these days I'm far more interested in seeking out the best underground parties all over the east end and having it large on the dancefloor whenever possible. As much as I like to think of myself as well presented, I'm not religious about my wardrobe anymore, Ive found myself much more into my music, film, history, culture etc.

I write a blog on all things from art, design, film, places etc etc which can be found at www.latexwindow.blogspot.com

Peace and love
Back to top Go down
http://latexwindow.blogspot.com
Lithuanian Disco Power

Lithuanian Disco Power

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:06 am

Im Liam, off Exiles and occasionaly FUK as 6479, suppose I wold class myself as a 'Casual' although the word is cringey as fuck. Into all sorts of music from dance and disco to Joy Divison. Into the more indie brands these days like Albam Folk Heritage Research etc but always on the look out for new stuff. Look forward to talking to some new people and seeing some familair faces. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tottenham

Tottenham

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm Jack.
Currently living in Norfolk but soon to be back in North London.. I'm very into all kinds of music but mainly Ska, House, Indie, Electro etc.. Very very heavily into the football casual scene soon which I have tried to get away from but I can't stop myself. Even though in the scene I'm actually not that bothered about football, find it a bit boring. Away from the Football I spend my time looking for clothes and trainers to buy so I can keep improving my wardrobe... And my other spare time I spend rambling or probably playing football (even though it's boring Mad )

Sweeeet.
Back to top Go down
sev

sev

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:11 pm

sev = christian from wolves 36 , had a heavy influence in the casual scene { clothes wise }from an early age mid to late 80's via my brother who is 8 yrs older than me , tasting a bit of the hooliganism in my mid teens ,phased out by the early 1990's rave scene which i heavily indulged in Cool , as we all know football scene " reared its ugly head " Very Happy shortly after 92 ish which is where i engaged in week in week out football hooliganism up until 95 ish on and off there after peaking for me after my first son was born again in about 2001 ,don't ask why Very Happy as i dont know , after few close shaves with the five o and realising that perhaps its time to move on i generally just go to the wolves now with my eldest lad pureley for the football side of things now although old habbits die hard i do find myself looking at and if the opposing team have bought any lads with them ,though nowadays its hard to define a lad as every male aged 16 - 40 wears the uniform adidas and fila barbour etc etc ,still drink with most of my true friends from the past and we all are at the same stage regarding our past.
Besides all that still into the odd bit of clobber though carefully choose what i buy now label wise ,for me the clothes scene was all about having somthing that no one else had got or seen before as we all know this is virtually impossible to do now no matter how hard we try for reasons such as internet films and mass publicity avenues available " every ones a hooligan now " truth is their not and to be quite honest it pisses me off .adidas originals = how ironic is that for a name now surely original means just that Embarassed not any fucker with the internet and a large expendable credit limit at his finger tips able to purchase any pair of trabbs he like march up the game on saturday and ponse round like he's top lad until it comes on top , he runs off leaving your club with a reputation that you and your mates spent building over the past 20 yrs gone in a 60 seconds so to speak am i ranting , back to me Laughing .. music wise into going to gigs when i can like the old ska stuff to the more contempary mumford and sons bombay bicycle club , gayngs relayted { you tube it ,cry is a top track } etc .still like to meet up with local lads ive met off here curly turt ren manda though manda its been a long time !!!made some good long distance friends , you know who you are via c.e and tc thoough no longer a member on tc . thats me anyway . bounce boing boing
Back to top Go down
Tottenham

Tottenham

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:57 pm

sev wrote:
sev = christian from wolves 36 , had a heavy influence in the casual scene { clothes wise }from an early age mid to late 80's via my brother who is 8 yrs older than me , tasting a bit of the hooliganism in my mid teens ,phased out by the early 1990's rave scene which i heavily indulged in Cool , as we all know football scene " reared its ugly head " Very Happy shortly after 92 ish which is where i engaged in week in week out football hooliganism up until 95 ish on and off there after peaking for me after my first son was born again in about 2001 ,don't ask why Very Happy as i dont know , after few close shaves with the five o and realising that perhaps its time to move on i generally just go to the wolves now with my eldest lad pureley for the football side of things now although old habbits die hard i do find myself looking at and if the opposing team have bought any lads with them ,though nowadays its hard to define a lad as every male aged 16 - 40 wears the uniform adidas and fila barbour etc etc ,still drink with most of my true friends from the past and we all are at the same stage regarding our past.
Besides all that still into the odd bit of clobber though carefully choose what i buy now label wise ,for me the clothes scene was all about having somthing that no one else had got or seen before as we all know this is virtually impossible to do now no matter how hard we try for reasons such as internet films and mass publicity avenues available " every ones a hooligan now " truth is their not and to be quite honest it pisses me off .adidas originals = how ironic is that for a name now surely original means just that Embarassed not any fucker with the internet and a large expendable credit limit at his finger tips able to purchase any pair of trabbs he like march up the game on saturday and ponse round like he's top lad until it comes on top , he runs off leaving your club with a reputation that you and your mates spent building over the past 20 yrs gone in a 60 seconds so to speak am i ranting , back to me Laughing .. music wise into going to gigs when i can like the old ska stuff to the more contempary mumford and sons bombay bicycle club , gayngs relayted { you tube it ,cry is a top track } etc .still like to meet up with local lads ive met off here curly turt ren manda though manda its been a long time !!!made some good long distance friends , you know who you are via c.e and tc thoough no longer a member on tc . thats me anyway . bounce boing boing

Bang on mate! Good little read about yourself as well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
yesterdays hero

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:34 am

alright lads, the names Euan,im 36 and have lived all my days in Livingston,a new town stuck somewhere between Glasgow and Edinburgh...first albums i remember buying were the electro compilations from john menzies ,still have them about somewhere among my thousands of records,was into jungle and rave as a teenager then moved onto house as i got older,still have my 12'10s set up but dont get much use out of them since the daughter was born 4 years ago.....clothing wise, the first designer item i bought was a pair of c17 jeans from a shop called buzzini on rose st in Edinburgh,i was probably about 14 or 15 at the time.....footy wise i have been following Clyde fc since 1985, going to the football has always been about watching the team and spending time with the auld man.....and 1 last thing, i love jackets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corf

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 am

A few lads will know me off Casual Exiles but for those that dont Im Ross, 21 from South Wales. Come from a working class upbringing and always had a passion for quality clothing really..even when I was 12/13 (before getting into football casualism) I was fond of looking different, having something others didnt even if at that time it was a case of having Fred Perry polos, Lacoste tee's and Stan Smiths, would even grow my hair if the trend was short hair..just enjoyed having a different look to other people my age. Then once old enough to start going to Cardiff games alone, gaining independence and being involved in the football environment the passion for clothing developed. I still wear adidas, as well as numerous pieces that I still regard as being quality..the CP jackets for example will always last the time, granted I dont wear the look quite as much as i used to and aint bought a pair of trainers for a good year or so, mainly due to the fact Adidas seem to be knocking out shit nowadays. But like most I also aspire to seek fresh looks and the more recent labels I find are knocking out some quality pieces that are generally a breath of fresh air, the only problem really being that after recently graduating I find myself being rather brass and therefore aint really got a couple of hundred quid to fork out on a jacket, hopefully that will change soon..but the job front is dead at the minute, fuck all about Neutral

Musicwise I suppose the inspirations have come from the typical british movement..Oasis, Stone Roses, Smiths, Jam etc. I think music is probobly the biggest influence there is, so again Im quite open minded. Was never really into Electro and house music..but the last year or so Ive found myself listening to some mixes from Wilks and really enjoyed them!

All in all Im just a normal lad really, just in it for an easy time! Smile
Back to top Go down
youngie

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 pm

im ben, 24 from cambridge, started getting into dressing for the match at about 16, the usual suspectds at that time., stone island, aquascutum caps etc. before that i was still into my clothes, but had slightly more of an indie look, seem to remember fondly a lambretta smock which i used to wear to school often.

dont go to the match much anymore, however am hoping to get back into it a bit more. Still into my clobber, but a lot less arsed about it nowadays, not one of these lads who will actively seek the newest things as much as some, so i suppose im a passive dresser/casual.

post occasionally on 80s and exiles but seems to be getting less and less nowadays as i slowly begin the ascent of becoming an old cunt.
Back to top Go down
panerista

panerista

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:49 am

I'm Jack. I see you are still having no luck catching me. I have the greatest respect for you George, but Lord! You are no nearer catching me now than four years ago when I started. I reckon your boys are letting you down, George. They can't be much good, can they?
Back to top Go down
sinister_delicious

sinister_delicious

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Saul (or Alias Wilksy) 23 year old young and full of the confidence of youth... Hailing from the dreary City of Newport in South Wales...

More music than football these days, weekends are spent somewhere around the country at all dayers, all nighters, pre parties, after parties and after after parties.
Love all things Soulful, Deep and groove filled. Disco, Deep House, Vocal, Detroit Techno, Soul, Tech-House... Blah Blah Blah and a big festival head.

Get unbelieveably excited when hearing a new record for the first time that I love.... and loves to move...

A quality clothing obsessive currently spendng his body weight on weird and wonderful items for an ever expansive wardrobe from a wide array of quality domestic and internatonal labels.

Interested in photography, writing, cinema and the associated arts. Very much a random get-up and go person and always manages to meet exciting and interesting people in the most unlikely of places...Loves the cold weather, walks through the countryside and visits to far off cities for a hefty dose of exploring.

Can usually be found on various dark dancefloors dropping shapes or enteraining women in rather sexy and debauched ways...

Spend as much time searching out new music as i do new threads as all are relevant to me... Also relish being entrenched behind a set of decks to get loose.

Enquire within... Search out splendour.

Back to top Go down
Glenn

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Im a fucking idiot who can't help myself.

Is Osty on here yet? I bet he's fucking watching.
Back to top Go down
Derek

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:50 pm

My name is Derek and I'm an alcoholic.....
Back to top Go down
Jim Jones

Jim Jones

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Hello i`m a 40 year old looking for friendship and maybe more.
Oh, and if anyone knows me from any other forum, sorry for turning up here.
Back to top Go down
slippery

slippery

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:02 pm

names chris and im a collectamaniac

Back to top Go down
godders

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:15 pm

my names Stuart,thought i would say hello. been lurking for a couple of weeks, decided it was time to introduce myself.
Back to top Go down
TheCry

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Name's TheCry. Just signed up tonight.
38 years young, mad for the clobber and no chance of bother.
Back to top Go down
The Fat Bloke

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Name is The Fat Bloke,

Am on diet.
Name might change.
Back to top Go down
Ticsmon

Ticsmon

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:37 pm

The Fat Bloke wrote:
Name is The Fat Bloke,

Am on diet.
Name might change.

The pleasantly plump bloke doesn't have the same ring though Russ. Wink
Back to top Go down
The Individual
Admin
The Individual

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 pm

Ticsmon wrote:
The Fat Bloke wrote:
Name is The Fat Bloke,

Am on diet.
Name might change.

Yeah and the thing is the next step down from fat is chubby, it's no real name for a man, Chubby Bloke, then as you lose more it will be Frumpy Bloke...... Puppy Fat Bloke........ Big Boned Bloke.......... Well Built Bloke.......Thin Bloke........... then eventually everyone will call you Rake.

Its no life mate....
Back to top Go down
https://theindividual.forumotion.com
The Fat Bloke

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Ticsmon wrote:
The Fat Bloke wrote:
Name is The Fat Bloke,

Am on diet.
Name might change.

Lol It'll have to be "the once was Fat Bloke" or " the man from Fat"
Back to top Go down
Ticsmon

Ticsmon

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:44 pm

The poster formally known as.....
Back to top Go down
The Fat Bloke

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:49 pm

T.P.F.K.A. Fat Bloke cheers
Back to top Go down
sexhead

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:11 am

Ive been led onto this forum and told its good.

I like girls in lycra and men with moustaches Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PerSandwichman

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 am

I'm 21 and from Reading, got a feeling that I'll be rather familiar to a number of chaps on here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A bit about yourself & your background....   A bit about yourself & your background.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bit about yourself & your background....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Individual :: Category :: Clothing & Footwear-
Jump to: