The Individual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fashion, culture & music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you think?

Go down 
+4
The Individual
getthebeerin
TheOrdinaryFella
The Racketeer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Racketeer

The Racketeer

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:45 pm

I know a lot of you will probably go no way WTF!!! And I’m the same when it comes down to TopMan ,H’M and other high street shops.
I was having a look about the usual shops on the net Oi,Peggs, ect and thought lets see what’s going on elsewhere.
Anyway I found this and though………….That’s not that bad!! But the only thing is, when your used to paying £150 plus,plus&plus! spending 30 quid or so, doesn’t feel right for some strange reason .I know it’s not top quality but if it looks good why on go for it.
Why not? I would say “because is from TopMan and I’m cooler than“.

But is being cool or in the know about clobber always about wearing expensive stuff ?

What do you think? ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=1859539&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=207222&parent_categoryId=207221&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20&beginIndex=1
Back to top Go down
The Racketeer

The Racketeer

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Don’t think the photo uploaded, but here’s the link. Laughing

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=1859539&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=207222&parent_categoryId=207221&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20&beginIndex=1
Back to top Go down
TheOrdinaryFella

TheOrdinaryFella

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:06 pm

I didnt even click the link, its from topman so its a no from me. Wouldnt even entertain the thought.

It may be cheap, it may be reasonable quality, fuck it may even be stunning but the fact there are 175 stores in the uk alone means the chances of spotting someone wearing whatever it is will be very high. And that, i cant deal with.
Back to top Go down
getthebeerin

getthebeerin

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Just had a look at the website and tbh there's some nice gear on there. cyclops

How about this, if it were say UV works or EG it would be treble the price. affraid

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=1993932&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=207233&parent_categoryId=207230&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20&beginIndex=1

Or how about a nice Harris Tweed for a ton fifty. affraid affraid

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=2043267&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=harris%20tweed&pageSize=20

But.......................

I just couldn't do it. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
The Individual
Admin
The Individual

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Personally I think you can see the difference from a mile away, and it's not the price, it's not a snobbish thing it's the look quality and style of it, any of it, at the end of the day it will always be high street, and thats for a reason imho, it's readily available for all to buy and wear and it's nice to have something more about you than most other's, its like buying cheap selvedge denim from ASOS or Uniqlo, it might look nice on the label and the people who buy it think it sounds nice but its still shit quality denim, your raw denim is a blank canvas to work with, like an artist's canvas, your clothing is the same, you want to create your own thing that is your life, quality garments in cut and style made in small quantities, topman h&m and the like don't give you anything like that, and above all its poorly made and looks poor
Back to top Go down
https://theindividual.forumotion.com
panerista

panerista

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:48 pm

half agree with turt,but i'd like to see it in the flesh. the overall design is nice.more fully buttoned for me.
Back to top Go down
The Racketeer

The Racketeer

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:24 am

getthebeerin wrote:
Just had a look at the website and tbh there's some nice gear on there. cyclops

How about this, if it were say UV works or EG it would be treble the price. affraid

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=1993932&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=207233&parent_categoryId=207230&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20&beginIndex=1

Or how about a nice Harris Tweed for a ton fifty. affraid affraid

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=2043267&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=harris%20tweed&pageSize=20

But.......................

I just couldn't do it. Embarassed

I’m the same. When it comes down to actually buying said cloths, it’s a no go. It’s just funny, if you catch my drift. lol!
Back to top Go down
The Racketeer

The Racketeer

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 am

The Individual wrote:
Personally I think you can see the difference from a mile away, and it's not the price, it's not a snobbish thing it's the look quality and style of it, any of it, at the end of the day it will always be high street, and thats for a reason imho, it's readily available for all to buy and wear and it's nice to have something more about you than most other's, its like buying cheap selvedge denim from ASOS or Uniqlo, it might look nice on the label and the people who buy it think it sounds nice but its still shit quality denim, your raw denim is a blank canvas to work with, like an artist's canvas, your clothing is the same, you want to create your own thing that is your life, quality garments in cut and style made in small quantities, topman h&m and the like don't give you anything like that, and above all its poorly made and looks poor
I agree it is poor quality and you can see the differences, but you cant take away the fact that some of the stuff is not that bad. I’m just trying to say it’s funny being that self-conscious that I could not bring my self to wear any of it. Even the socks would make me feel under dressed. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Ticsmon

Ticsmon

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 am

I didn't click the link, it might be smart as fuck but if you bought it would you wear it before your more expensive stuff?
I know I wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
The Racketeer

The Racketeer

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Ticsmon wrote:
I didn't click the link, it might be smart as fuck but if you bought it would you wear it before your more expensive stuff?
I know I wouldn't.
TBH,I would choose it before most Stone Island,Fila ect.

You can't buy style!
Back to top Go down
PerSandwichman

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:12 pm

It's a no from me I'm afraid - too much good stuff out there by premium labels to contemplate the thought of wearing anything from Topman
Back to top Go down
sinister_delicious

sinister_delicious

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:19 pm

TheOrdinaryFella wrote:
I didnt even click the link, its from topman so its a no from me. Wouldnt even entertain the thought.

It may be cheap, it may be reasonable quality, fuck it may even be stunning but the fact there are 175 stores in the uk alone means the chances of spotting someone wearing whatever it is will be very high. And that, i cant deal with.

Bang on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Individual :: Category :: Clothing & Footwear-
Jump to: