The Individual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fashion, culture & music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winter Coating

Go down 
+14
Jim Jones
andreas baader
covwhite
transplant30
jonny440
someoneelse
ItsGrimUpNorth
The Individual
UnKNOwn
corf
sinister_delicious
effeffarr
Tommy
The Fat Bloke
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Fat Bloke

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 pm

With winter seemingly just round the corner ( or here for some of you looking at the forecast ) What's the gen on coats for the coming
season? I've been looking round already with the new seasons stuff appearing in the shops.
Albam told me to wait until end of Sept. Peggs in Brighton have some stuff coming in though, loved the Hillary Parkas but £1500 is too rich
for me.

Whats about lads, whats new, what will mate my mouth water?....... apart from pies & donuts.
Back to top Go down
Tommy

Tommy

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Not related to coats, but a good mate of mine Stew works in that Peggs in Brighton, say hello next time you're in hes a good bloke and knows his stuff
Back to top Go down
http://latexwindow.blogspot.com
effeffarr

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm going technical again and invested in an Arc'Teryx Theta Ar, I'm no fan of the current american look, those 60/40 style parkas bore the shit out of me, as do rolled up chinos with old man shoes. So I'm aiming for a progressive mid 90's look, now if only I could find a pair of original goretex lined Rockports scratch
Back to top Go down
sinister_delicious

sinister_delicious

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Can concur about Peggs and Sons, afford myself the Universal Works velo jacket in yellow... Came with a humbe hand written note etc.

Nice touch.

Jacket is ace by the way.
Back to top Go down
corf

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Tommy wrote:
Not related to coats, but a good mate of mine Stew works in that Peggs in Brighton, say hello next time you're in hes a good bloke and knows his stuff

Peggs and Son, up there with the finest for delivery and general customer service! Always seem to get next day delivery with them Cool
Back to top Go down
UnKNOwn

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:29 pm

In all honesty I end up selling most winter jackets I buy so I've stuck to buying thinner summer rain jackets, can't beat paul smith for that in my opinion they always have a range of colours along side the black and navys plus always have slanted zips or something that to set them apart from the old biddies gray anorak!

So be a few more cags and jumper combos for me this winter rather than a big thick mountain climbing action man parka!
Back to top Go down
http://tucl.blogspot.com/
The Individual
Admin
The Individual

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Choice's choice's choice's, a piece from all the usual label's, margaret howell, heritage research, cabourn, universal work's, albam all with great gear out again

mhl dry wax parka
Winter Coating Mag31

heritage research wilderness parka
Winter Coating WILDERNESSPARKA_PROFILE

heritage research modified longline
Winter Coating AW10-MOD-LONGLINE_APPLE
Winter Coating AW10-MOD-LONGLINE_RUST_PROFILE

cabourn cameraman
Winter Coating 28-07-2010_cabourn_cameraman_fawn_detail11%5B1%5D

universal works velo
Winter Coating File_1304_18

oliver spencer fisher
Winter Coating Pr_OSJ135a-Tartan-Green-Wax-Fisher-Jacket

engineered garments ashfield
Winter Coating 2271

albam mountain parka
Winter Coating AW10+Trail+Parka%5B1%5D
Back to top Go down
https://theindividual.forumotion.com
ItsGrimUpNorth

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:49 pm

UnKNOwn wrote:
In all honesty I end up selling most winter jackets I buy so I've stuck to buying thinner summer rain jackets, can't beat paul smith for that in my opinion they always have a range of colours along side the black and navys plus always have slanted zips or something that to set them apart from the old biddies gray anorak!

So be a few more cags and jumper combos for me this winter rather than a big thick mountain climbing action man parka!

Same here, I have sold the majority of my winter jackets apart from a couple, tend to go for the lighter jackets with a decent knit underneath. Although when you get caught in the North East downpour wearing a cagoule you do start to wonder why!! scratch

Still gutted i missed out on the Universal Works Fell jacket in the eye catching blue colour in the Oi Polloi sale a month or two back.
Back to top Go down
sinister_delicious

sinister_delicious

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:09 pm

ItsGrimUpNorth wrote:
UnKNOwn wrote:

Same here, I have sold the majority of my winter jackets apart from a couple, tend to go for the lighter jackets with a decent knit underneath. Although when you get caught in the North East downpour wearing a cagoule you do start to wonder why!! scratch

Still gutted i missed out on the Universal Works Fell jacket in the eye catching blue colour in the Oi Polloi sale a month or two back.

I manage to cop the small they had in the blue! Its pretty big sizing wise though, would more suit it to a medium.

Agree on the winter coats, have always tended to go for lighter / waxed cotton efforts etc rather than big thick winter pieces. Have a couple that i wont part with though - picked up the Engineer Garnemnts A/W 09 Brown woven parka on ebay for a ton... That has its place amoung a few other winter esq coats.

Much prefer to layer if im honest - have my wages ready for when Garbstore drops though!
Back to top Go down
someoneelse

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:39 am

Seen that MHL in the flesh and it's a proper overcoat, great for layering up. Could probably get a chunky cardy or similar underneath.
Back to top Go down
jonny440

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 am

Boring as hell but think I'm going for a Universal Works Pennine in blue and Woolrich arctic for the colder days....
Back to top Go down
transplant30

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Common as muck, well the brand is, not the jacket, but I got the new Barbour Tokito Military masterpiece last week, and pound for pound probably the best winter jacket I've ever had, I just need some sort of hobby to utilise it now, or just start going to midweek games in frozen britain Question

Winter Coating Mwx0085sg91

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top Go down
covwhite

covwhite

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:32 pm

I shall be getting that MHL as soon as it hits the sales rack,my favourite label.
Back to top Go down
andreas baader

andreas baader

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:43 pm

covwhite wrote:
I shall be getting that MHL as soon as it hits the sales rack,my favourite label.

typical leeds. wait for the sale
Back to top Go down
Jim Jones

Jim Jones

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:16 pm

andreas baader wrote:
covwhite wrote:

Typical covwhite , he`ll wait for me to get it mither me for months to sell it to him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
andreas baader

andreas baader

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Jim Jones wrote:
andreas baader wrote:
covwhite wrote:

Typical covwhite , he`ll wait for me to get it mither me for months to sell it to him. Laughing

yeah and me then when he finally gets one he'll sell it straight away and force you to take pics of yours to make him feel better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
covwhite

covwhite

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:15 pm

andreas baader wrote:
Jim Jones wrote:
andreas baader wrote:
covwhite wrote:

yeah and me then when he finally gets one he'll sell it straight away and force you to take pics of yours to make him feel better Very Happy

Trying to work out who you 2 are? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ticsmon

Ticsmon

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Got my eye on the MA Strum Sniper jacket.
Back to top Go down
Phil

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Ticsmon wrote:

Yes very nice that. I'm yet to buy anything by MA.Strum, but I like the look of the Defense Parka.
Back to top Go down
The Individual
Admin
The Individual

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Phil wrote:
Ticsmon wrote:

Yes very nice that. I'm yet to buy anything by MA.Strum, but I like the look of the Defense Parka.

I was having a chat in London last weekend with a lad about MA.Strum as he fancied the Sniper jacket, I just can't get along with it, or the concept of it, while I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around we have only really just finished the legacy of Massimo and his design's, in 10-15 years maybe as an archive surge but right now all I can see of it is imitation stone island, same designs new patch, I just don't see how that applies to his vision's and his forward thinking and if this is continuing his Osti studio it's not got much further to go unless they change design's and thinking, I can see its appeal to some but imho it just speaks volumes of the 90's.
Back to top Go down
The Racketeer

The Racketeer

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 pm

sinister_delicious wrote:
ItsGrimUpNorth wrote:
UnKNOwn wrote:

I manage to cop the small they had in the blue! Its pretty big sizing wise though, would more suit it to a medium.

Agree on the winter coats, have always tended to go for lighter / waxed cotton efforts etc rather than big thick winter pieces. Have a couple that i wont part with though - picked up the Engineer Garnemnts A/W 09 Brown woven parka on ebay for a ton... That has its place amoung a few other winter esq coats.

Much prefer to layer if im honest - have my wages ready for when Garbstore drops though!
I totally agree. Nothing worse that having a big winter coat that would save your life in the Antarctic! If you make it to the pub/club after surviving the horrendous heat that your life saving jacket will produce, you will have to take it off and I don’t fancy leaving £800 plus just lying around or in the safe hands of a cloakroom attendant. Laughing The Nigel Cabourn- Everest Parkas are amazing but I would rather spend the cash on other items and layer up.
Back to top Go down
Phil

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:14 am

The Individual wrote:
Phil wrote:
Ticsmon wrote:

I was having a chat in London last weekend with a lad about MA.Strum as he fancied the Sniper jacket, I just can't get along with it, or the concept of it, while I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around we have only really just finished the legacy of Massimo and his design's, in 10-15 years maybe as an archive surge but right now all I can see of it is imitation stone island, same designs new patch, I just don't see how that applies to his vision's and his forward thinking and if this is continuing his Osti studio it's not got much further to go unless they change design's and thinking, I can see its appeal to some but imho it just speaks volumes of the 90's.

Just like your user name, and the site name, it's all about the Individual isn't it Wink
Back to top Go down
The Individual
Admin
The Individual

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 am

Phil wrote:
The Individual wrote:
Phil wrote:
Ticsmon wrote:

Just like your user name, and the site name, it's all about the Individual isn't it Wink

I was'nt knocking it Phil just chit chatting mate Smile , I would just like to see it going in a new direction rather than bringing archive jacket's out again
Back to top Go down
Phil

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:53 am

The Individual wrote:
Phil wrote:
The Individual wrote:
Phil wrote:
Ticsmon wrote:

I was'nt knocking it Phil just chit chatting mate Smile , I would just like to see it going in a new direction rather than bringing archive jacket's out again

Fair enough.

I'm afraid I don't see much new stuff around to inspire me....and I do a lot of looking!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheOrdinaryFella

TheOrdinaryFella

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 am

This winter I will be mostly wearing, the Barbour beaufort. With a
pair of fresh White pumps, Ralph Lauren madras shirt and tweed flatcap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Coating   Winter Coating I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Coating
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next