The Individual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fashion, culture & music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adidas sale's....

Go down 
+8
sinister_delicious
trimstar
PerSandwichman
effeffarr
The Fat Bloke
Ticsmon
getthebeerin
The Individual
12 posters
AuthorMessage
The Individual
Admin
The Individual

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Fair do's I'm glad I sold my whole lot a couple of years ago Iwas browsing ebay over the solebox berlins and started having a nose into adi', if ever there was a time for lad's who missed it the first/second time, or lad's with cash trying to buy into it all then it must be now, Jeans sitting at £1000 buy it now, Malmo's going for 150 plus, some went for 450 the other week, it's a joke, why would anyone want to buy into that now, they butcher every release in 15 colourways, the new londons available in most of the classic cities series, its beyond a joke now, I'll always have the appreciation for them and a slight nod of the head in some direction but I've never felt so uninspired by it all watching jd sports putting banners up saying get the latest terrace classic here and seeing all the que's for the new manchester's it just feels like one big pop concert now, roll up roll up and get the latest adi to match your fila/tacchini
Back to top Go down
https://theindividual.forumotion.com
getthebeerin

getthebeerin

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:59 pm

The Individual wrote:
Fair do's I'm glad I sold my whole lot a couple of years ago Iwas browsing ebay over the solebox berlins and started having a nose into adi', if ever there was a time for lad's who missed it the first/second time, or lad's with cash trying to buy into it all then it must be now, Jeans sitting at £1000 buy it now, Malmo's going for 150 plus, some went for 450 the other week, it's a joke, why would anyone want to buy into that now, they butcher every release in 15 colourways, the new londons available in most of the classic cities series, its beyond a joke now, I'll always have the appreciation for them and a slight nod of the head in some direction but I've never felt so uninspired by it all watching jd sports putting banners up saying get the latest terrace classic here and seeing all the que's for the new manchester's it just feels like one big pop concert now, roll up roll up and get the latest adi to match your fila/tacchini

.......................and breathe.

Adidas sale's.... Soapbox

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ticsmon

Ticsmon

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:09 pm

He's right though. Shocked

R.I.P. Adidas. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
getthebeerin

getthebeerin

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Don't think i'll ever fall out of love with trainers. What's ruined it for me is all the recent releases. Gone are the days for me trawling the net looking for my next 'must have' pair. Size? and JD have somewhat curbed my enthusiasm, London Brussel c/w London Malmo c/w London Bern c/w etc, etc, etc............
When my mrs moved in with me almost 3 year ago she couldn't believe i had over 50 pr of Adidas Neutral Now down to a more useable size of a dozen, which do get worn, well some of 'em.
My only regret is not parting with some of the more collectable ones when muppets folks were paying big bucks. Crying or Very sad It's a buyers market at the moment i'm afraid, but who knows in a few years time todays re-issues could be tomorrows BNWT, deadstock, show me the money trainers. Wink
Back to top Go down
The Fat Bloke

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:53 pm

The Individual wrote:

Was gonna offer you my BNIB never even been laced up '01 Tobaccos an all Sad

Think I'll get them punted on t'bay now Sad
Back to top Go down
effeffarr

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 pm

How much are Pandoras going for these days?
Back to top Go down
PerSandwichman

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Not bought any Adidas for 18 months plus now. In fact in the last year the only new pair of trainers I've bought in that period of time has been a pair of Vans Classics.
Back to top Go down
trimstar

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:18 pm

last few pairs bought have been New Balance..love em
Back to top Go down
sinister_delicious

sinister_delicious

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 am

There was a massive backlash against lads who started wearing Superga/Vans etc over the more traditional Adidas a couple of years back... Think it has gone full circle now, with just the die hard tradionalists still wearing and buying Adidas.

With it being the sellers market that it is, i'm surprised some people havn't paid off their mortgages with the stuff they have and could make an absolute fortune out of in the current climate.

I know i made a fair whack when i came to sell mine - I've kept a couple of pairs but more for Nostlgic reasons, rather than to actually wear them. Its my choice - i just wouldn't wear Adidas now, not with the amount of quality footwear available. Each to their own though!
Back to top Go down
weekender

weekender

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:21 am

sold quite a few this year, even got rid of some vintage stuff that hadn't seen the light of day for a while. haven't missed any of them tbh.

best sale was some re-issue GS, bought in the aspecto sale a 3 or 4 years back for £25, stuck an extra set of pegs in and a peg key and got £99. affraid

still got around 50 pairs, 95% of which just dont get worn, some i just could never part with, original manchesters, purple gazelles, blue seattles, indoor king (although can't see me ever wearing white trainers again), jap munchens, etc.etc..

as said, above, there'll always be a love for trainers, even if they're just sat gathering dust in the loft. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WaterlooSunset

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:02 am

Love my trainers me, but find myself wearing Superga alot more now.
Back to top Go down
bcfccasual

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:20 pm

loved me trainers a couple of years back,had a good 20-30 pairs.mostly adidas with a few new balance and vintage pumas thrown in. i'v got 3 pairs now and i'll be gettin rid of them soon as i havent worn them in years. i find myself reaching for the springcourt,superga,vans authentics then in the colder months shoes like finn comforts,mephistos,kickers and clarks these days. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheOrdinaryFella

TheOrdinaryFella

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Sold a lot of pairs over the years, down to about 15 pairs now. Dunno if its just me getting old but i prefer a pair of plain white leather trainers ie: Superga, Veja, Spring court etc.
Back to top Go down
trimstar

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:55 am

last of my adidas now gone!! too many parrots and smackheads wearing for my liking ....oh and the quality is shite !!!! stick with my NB'S
Back to top Go down
PerSandwichman

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:25 pm

TheOrdinaryFella wrote:
Sold a lot of pairs over the years, down to about 15 pairs now. Dunno if its just me getting old but i prefer a pair of plain white leather trainers ie: Superga, Veja, Spring court etc.
The last Adidas I bought were a pair of their canvas pumps from last summer (Tennis Court? Name escapes me) - I think they provide the best plain canvas (pardon the pun) to rock with anything. Pair of selvage denim, pair of cords, chinos, hell even suit trousers for an after work sherbert...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adidas sale's.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adidas sale's....   Adidas sale's.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adidas sale's....
Page 1 of 1