The Individual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fashion, culture & music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Take Ivy.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Individual
Admin
The Individual

Take Ivy..... Empty
PostSubject: Take Ivy.....   Take Ivy..... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Has anybody else picked a copy up ? After a fairly lengthy wait I finally managed to have a good read of it and with the last 18 month's being as they were clothing and footwear wise the book seem's as up to date now as it was when it was published back in 1965, probably of no taste to a few on here but some I would imagine it would be right up their strasse, photo's that would'nt look out of place in many label's yearly look book's of current time's, Ralph, APC, Monitaly, Universal Works, and Albam to name but a few, Take Ivy was from 4 japanese style junkies who basically toured america in the mid 60's going to the Ivy League universities and taking photo's and notes of what the college chap's were wearing, quite an eye opener looking at the photo's now and the same saying keep's coming back to me what goes around comes around.
It is purely a photographic Ivy League bible I suppose that was taken home to Japan and the juniors around tokyo at the time when the American Ivy League look exploded into their scene's, plaid & madras, chambray's and check shirts, loafers, overcoats and raincoats, cagoules, golf jackets and harringtons, v necks and oxfords, bermuda shorts and canvas trabs, bucket hats and rugby shirts.
Fantastic to have it re-released because I would have never got a chance to read it with the price they go for before this, I'll do my best to put some photos up later from it but if you can get a copy its well worth your money.
Back to top Go down
https://theindividual.forumotion.com
TheOrdinaryFella

TheOrdinaryFella

Take Ivy..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take Ivy.....   Take Ivy..... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Its a must have book for anyone remotel interested in fashion. When originals started cropping up on ebay about 6 months ago, i knew a re-print must of been in the pipeline somewhere. Managed to get a copy a couple months back, and its an honour to own it. Even if its just a re-print.
Back to top Go down

Take Ivy.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Individual :: Category :: Clothing & Footwear-
Jump to: